Saturday 6 June 2020

"He was already touching my pants and dragging them down, he pinned my body with his own and I fainted"  - A student in Mass communication department, FUOYE narrates her rape ordeal.




Following the increasing cases of rape across the federation and the condemnation of such cases on Twitter with the hash tag #sayNoToRape,   A student in Mass communication department, Federal University Oye Ekiti,  Mercy (real name withheld) has decided to open up on her experience of such cases in a Whatsapp a conversation with MICK-B BLOG.

This is her story as narrated by herself.



I prefer to go anonymous.

So you can call me mercy.    It all happened during the examination period last semester.   I was ill prior to my exams and was getting better, taking the drugs administered to me by school medical centre.

This very day. I was having an exam the next day, and like every other serious student. I locked myself in my room studying alone on my bed before I heard a knock on my door.

 It was a close friend of mine. I have known him for almost two years. We've been hostel mates, we've switched rooms, cook in same pot, and we're like hostel siblings, just like every other person does in hostels.

We relocated, lost contact but later got in touch as he also stayed in the same area with me, although a little bit far.

I had never thought he could eventually turn out to be someone who could traumatise me later on.

I opened for him and he came in,  sat on my bed and watched me while I adjusted my books, according him attention for his presence.

I got distracted and took out my phone while we talked as usual. Something about his presence was unusual which I noticed. His eyes were red and he spoke to me as if he was psychologically weak. I flipped through my phone gallery  keep myself to keep my eyes busy whenever we stopped talking for a while.

All of a sudden, i noticed he started coming closer to my side of the bed, his body was coming in contact with mine and I reacted   by stylishly shifting him away but he came closer and closer until there was no space between us.

My heart was racing back and forth, i began to get scared. I was putting on a singlet top and a short skirt, a room outfit, and before I could decipher what was going on, he got on me and by that time, my spider sense was as sharp as ever. My bed spread was already taking a rough shape and my study materials thrown in a corner.

He dragged my body to the center, threw my both hands to either side, he pinned my slim hands with his knees and pinned my head to the bed with his hands. I lay on my bed, facing him, my heart pumped like never, I could not breathe well, I couldn't feel my legs. His weight on me was over powering, saying he weighed a ton would be an understatement because he weighed massively.

I felt my arm was going to dislocate. I coughed a lot, trying to question him on what he is trying to do to me.   He gave me a dry smile and started speaking in words i don't understand. 

He talked of how I drove him crazy and how he hopes I will be terrified at the beast I am watching live before me.  He called my native name sarcastically and adding more pressure to pinning my body down to my bed.

I was choking underneath my tensed breath. Still coughing profusely and trying to fight back with the little recovery strength I've got left in me but it seemed impossible.

I screamed for help at the loudest pitch of my voice, and shouted his name to free me in case someone would hear me and bang my door to save me from the beast before me but all 9 rooms in my hostel appeared quiet like a doornail and when I heard voices in the adjacent room before my room, I screamed for help again, but they could have thought it was me having fun with my friends in my room, no one answered until I heard no voice anymore.  My neighboring hostels couldn't come to my aid because no one could hear my voice.

It was indeed an unusual and awkward situation for me that afternoon.  He bent his body low on me. I felt his cold hands going down my legs and under my skirt, I tried to keep fighting but he was already touching my undies carefully and almost pulling it down while he brought his face closer to mine, inhaling my neck scent and using his lips to tease me, like he wants to force a kiss.

He kept pinning my body down with his body.  I was gasping for air and my body ached like never before, I felt my temperature was rising just like when I fell ill, my eyes were turning me, I tried to bend my legs so that he won't succeed in  completely dragging my pants down and the thought of being raped by him terrified me more.

All these lasted for close to an hour. It was like I was watching a movie in the cinema, the only difference is just that it was happening to me, before my very eyes.

I really don't know what got into him. After contending with him, I got tired of fighting back, it seemed like I fainted. He suddenly got up and stood by the door looking like a dead man. I felt my soul coming back to my body at the relief it gave. I couldn't move for some minutes as i lay on the bed helplessly,  how he changed his mind from raping me remains a mystery to me.

He would have done and undone and nobody would know anything and he would still be safe. This is someone I later got to know he takes cannabis and he dozed himself with tramadol before coming to execute his mission in my room.

I guess that explains his overpowering weight, mysterious actions, words and red eyes. He had already dropped out of school and has planning on leaving the university premises in order to prevent him being traced or fished out if anything more dangerous happened to me.

The nightmare ended when I was able to pull myself up from the bed.  I watched him stare at me, he left my room before I could finish saying 'I never want to see you again',I fled from my room with the last strength I had.. Dragging myself to a friend's room in the area.

He still came there to meet me but I had already explained a little of what happened to them and got the guys there to take him out of their hostel.

I also learnt of how he badges into hostels, scares people, acts suspiciously, talks mysteriously, gets suddenly found on female beds, steal phones, takes weed addictively,  he was quite mentally unstable which he perhaps kept from me.

 I couldn't sleep in my room that night,i got sick again and I've been traumatised whenever I sense a similar action or thoughts of it even after relocating from there.

I could still remember him shouting outside while he was pushed away, It was "It's not over yet".  And till now, I haven't seen him again.

25 comments:

  1. May God save us all. One day, all of this would be over in this country. Nigeria would see the light again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bitter story.
    However,victory at the end.
    May God continue to protect us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are u sure this is real ... He never touched u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. Still a mystery I can't fathom. God be the glory Sir..

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hmmmmmmm...... It is sincerely well, she is just a lucky girl, who knows what lld have happened by now

      Delete
  5. Terrible things are happening I can't assure you it would be well but I hope you find the power to find peace within yourself sooner or later karma would hit him hard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already is well. I've grown myself to live beyond the experience. I just pray i don't get to experience it again and no one too. As for him, I know karma never fails.

      Delete
  6. Wow!
    So heart touching story
    I can't hold back my tears😭

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm,we thank holy spirit my dear,just continue to worship him

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what to because I'm shocked. It was only God who saved you from the rape

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pathetic
    Staystrong dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May God help us

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a really sad experience for her, but thank God she was saved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Victorious Victim7 June 2020 at 04:52

    Thank you all for the replies. I thank God. I'm still staying strong. and I pray we all do stay strong too. my heart reaches out to the victims out there and to those who don't have the balls to come out and speak. God help us all. Thank you Mick B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm....it's no other person but God who saved you. Endeavor to be more closer to Him, and be more careful MOST ESPECIALLY, with males. A friend of yesterday may become something else today or tomorrow.
    I know the experience was "hell on earth", but I'm so happy for you dear sister, to God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wao!!
    Thank God he changed his mind. Hmm

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to drop a comment before exiting

Featured Post

MIXTAPE: DJ Aebola Smash MIXTAPE: DJ Aebola Smash – Sound Check  https://naijapopstar.net/dj-aebola-smash-sound-check-mixtape/ ...